Wow, I'm so bad at keeping up with this! But, life has been pretty busy lately since student teaching began. After working a 9-10 hour day (without a pay check, I might add), all one wants to do is come home, search for the comfiest pajama bottoms money can buy, and prop myself in the newest addition to my room (a sweet chair) and catch up on emails and watch tv. You could say that this is a sad life. However, at least once a week I'm able to get together with some of my friends here in town for dinner, a game or movie night, or just a chat-fest. Plus, Amber (my little puppy dog) keeps me busy as well.
Student teaching has been going pretty well. The only problem with it is that my mentor teacher (and my former 8th grade math teacher) doesn't really give me much freedom when I'm teaching. So, I haven't fully experienced what it's going to be like to have my own classroom with my own students. It's a tad bit frustrating, but I guess I'll survive.
I still can't believe I'm not in College Station this semester. It feels so weird to be home during the school year. I get to hear about all the drama that goes on at my mom's school, something I haven't heard about since my senior year in high school. I get to see the school buses come every morning and the kids on my street waiting at the bus stop that's in front of my house (that in itself is major deja vu from when I rode the bus).
It's just crazy. I miss College Station so much, but guess what? I'M GOING TO COLLEGE STATION ON SATURDAY! I just wish it were for better reasons. I'm taking my PPR exam for my teacher certification. But I think I get to see my long lost other whole, Katie! :) I miss her like I miss chocolate during Lent.
I guess I should go blow dry my hair since I'm sitting here in my comfy chair with a towel wrapped around my head. Catherine and I are going to the mall, I think.
Love, peace, and chicken grease (Ew?),
Ashley
4 years ago


1 comment:
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Computador, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://computador-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment