I'm so sad that I am terrible at keeping up with my blog. I wish I was one of those people who had something witty or profound to say everytime I updated my blog. But, unfortunately, I'm not one of those people. However, I will do my best to keep whoever is reading this entertained with the things happening in my life right now.
I guess the first thing that's really exciting is that I've finally graduated from A&M! Whoop! It's kind of surreal, yet I don't feel like a graduate at the same time. I think that's probably because I don't have a real job yet. If I had a job already, I'd probably feel all grown up and important and I'd probably go out and buy myself a filing cabinet or a cell phone holder that you attach to your belt or something equally professional or dorky old person-esque. But, alas, I don't have a job. And maybe that's a good thing. Maybe I'll enjoy my summer more as a "recent college grad still in the job market."
Speaking of summer and the plans I have- for once in my life (well, since I've been old enough to hold a job during the summer) I'm going to kind of relax. I'm going to be doing a little math tutoring through a company called Learning with TLC that is owned by a lady that my mom used to work with. I'm not quite sure how much I'll be working (my boss hasn't exactly filled me in on any details related to my schedule or what age group I'll be working with), but I know it shouldn't be as stressful a job as any of the others I've had in the past. Plus, this is the first summer since I've been in college that I won't have to take any summer school! That's a big relief... and a time saver. I'd also like to take a vacation somewhere, but I'm not sure yet where or if that will even happen. But we shall see, I suppose.
In other exciting news, I FINALLY GOT A CAR! Yes, the day before graduation, my parents surprised me with a black Honda CR-V parked in our backyard, behind the garage with a big red bow on it. The bow was my only stipulation about getting the car. I've always fantasized about getting a car and it being a big surprise with a big red bow. It was so fun and exciting. The car is really nice. It's not brand new, but that's ok with me. It's pretty much brand new. The interior and exterior are in really great shape... it's very pretty!
I just read Katie's post about cleanliness, and I started thinking about it myself. I'd like to think of myself as a clean and organized person. I don't feel clean myself if my room or the kitchen isn't clean. I can't stand clothes on the floor, things not in their proper places, crumbs, spills, or dirty countertops. However, I've lately been finding myself leaving clothes on the floor, not making my bed, not putting something back after I've used it. I think it's because I'm living with my parents, my room is upstairs and I'm the only one who ever sees it. Basically, I've gotten lazy. I need to fix that NOW. Once I start letting things slide, everything else in my life will start to be affected by my laziness, and that's just bad.
One thing that will really help me get out of this "slump" is that I'm moving out this summer. Yes, I'm the baby bird who is finally ready to spread her wings and leave the nest. (You liked that metaphor, didn't you.) My friend Teresa's husband is in the Army, and he's being deployed soon. She's in nursing school here in Houston, so the Army is helping pay for an apartment in town, and she doesn't want to live by herself, so Sammi and I are going to move in with her. I'm very excited because it will kind be a stepping off point for me in starting this new chapter. It'll be like a blank slate. God is giving me this opportunity to do things in my life to please Him, first of all, and then myself... not other people. It'll be like college, except not in a college town. It's the real world, and I can't wait.
I think my dad just made margarita's, and they are very tastey (t to the a to the s-t-e-y!!). So I think I might go enjoy one on the patio as I watch the dogs play in the backyard (let me tell you... it's comedy).
I hope someone will hold me accountable at keeping up with blogging. It's really quite fun. :)
Ashley
4 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment