Friday, May 30, 2008

Herbal Essence


I've started growing a mini herb garden. It consists of sweet basil, chives, and parsley. I've always wanted to grow my own herb garden because it would be neat to enjoy the "fruits of my labor." Right now, nothing has grown yet (I only planted the seeds two days ago) so I'm just looking at a pot of dirt. But I will be very excited when something finally starts to sprout! I love gardening even though sometimes I forget to water the plants I'm growing. This time I'll really give it my all.


I was browsing through my pictures on my computer, and I came across this photo from my high school graduation. It honestly feels like it was just yesterday because I can remember the day vividly. I remember that I drove down to Reliant Stadium with a whole bunch of my friends at like 7 in the morning because we had to be there at 7:30 or something ridiculous like that. I remember that it was so humid and I was sweating so bad in my gown... at 7:30 in the morning! I remember that we all got patted down by the AP's because they wanted to make sure that we weren't bringing beach balls into the ceremony. I remember that the shoes that I was wearing had 4-inch heels and I was paranoid about falling off the stage.

I can't believe I've graduated a second time. I don't feel like I got to soak up everything about college because it went by so fast. If I could go back and do some things over again, I would probably cherish every moment, good or bad, that I had in college. It's crazy.

So, my wireless internet in my computer doesn't work. Actually, it hasn't worked for about a month now, but I still haven't sent my computer into HP because I haven't had time to back up all the documents, pictures, etc. onto a jump drive. The help guy that I spoke with on the phone said that I should probably back up all of my information just in case they have to perform a full recovery on my computer which would mean erasing everything and starting over. Blah. I really haven't had great luck with computers. My first computer's hard drive got completely corrupted and I had to wipe everything and start over fresh on that one too. What a mess. So, hopefully they can fix everything without having to erase everything. However, maybe this would be a good time for me to clean out my files... pictures and documents I haven't used in forever.

I checked out Season 1 of Alias from the public library yesterday (how cool is that??) so I think I might go snuggle up in bed and watch an episode.

-Ashley

1 comment:

Katie said...

Gosh, I wish I was there with you! I want to snuggle in bed and watch TV! I am lonely here in Little Elm. I wish I could visit you!!!!

I am also sorry about your interview. I wish it had gone better for you! Oh well, bad interviews are to be expected, I guess. :-/

I miss you!