Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I want to be a part of it!


I have this incredible urge to go to New York City. Well, maybe not just go, but actually live in New York City... for a limited period of time. Maybe like 6 months. I just love everything about the things I hear about NYC. I've only been there twice and that was a long time ago. I would just love to go and live in a loft or a brownstone and walk everywhere to shop, meet up with a friend for coffee at an outdoor coffee shop, spend an afternoon in Central Park on a park bench with a good book and a journal, take the subway to Brooklyn, or buy a hot dog from a street vendor and eat it as I walk down the street toward... Times Square, maybe.

Doesn't that sound like so much fun?

I need to just plan a vacation on my own without waiting around for someone else (like my parents) to do it for me. Maybe it wouldn't be something as lavish as New York City, but something easier to start out with. I just need to sit down and make out a plan to go somewhere and then present it to my parents and that will be that. Hahaha. I'll do it someday, I just know it.

I'm a little sad and lonely now that American Idol is over. My Tuesday and Wednesday nights are a little less eventful now. I have to say that given the circumstances, I'm very glad that David Cook won over David Archuletta. Of course since I'm an Aggie, I rooted for Jason Castro like nobody's business. I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit that at some points during the voting process I had two phones to my ear and another one hanging in the balance if my cell phone battery died. How cool would it have been if an Aggie was the American Idol?

I finished the last book of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, and I've just started The Lovely Bones. So far, it's... interesting. For Chapter 1, it's somewhat alarming, but I think it might be an eye-opening book to read.

Ok, my tummy is growling. FOOD!

-Ashley

1 comment:

Katie said...

I've been meaning to comment on your blog for oh, FOREVER.

YAY!!!!!!!!! YOU WRITE AGAIN!!!!!!! I am such a huge fan of yours. Can I come live in NYC with you? I've had that same urge. Maybe it's a "fling" that I need to get out of my system before I get married or something, haha. I will be the friend you write about that you meet at an outdoor coffee shop. ;) I have never been to New York before!!! I love to watch You've Got Mail and drool at Meg Ryan's life. Cute little house, walks everywhere, owns the most adorable bookshop and gets to hang out with kids all day and read those fun books to them. I think that if I could have a different job other than teaching, it would be to own a children's bookstore.

And also, I can TOTALLY see you with three phones, dialing like crazy after American Idol. This is why I love you!

I'm so glad you're back in the blogging world! Please know I have been reading every day!!! (I'm about to go write in my own right now...) :) I LOVE YOU!