Sunday, May 25, 2008

Barnes & Noble


I love Barnes & Noble. Every time I step foot in that store, I feel like I've kind of departed from my life for a brief moment and entered a world of dreams and fantasies.

I've gotten really into reading lately. So, when I got 2 Barnes & Noble gift cards for graduation, I couldn't wait to get there and spend it all! I went the other day after substituting at my mom's school to browse and stock up on my summer reading material. I walked into B&N knowing that I definitely wanted to get the fifth book of the Left Behind series and the last book of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (please don't make fun of me... they're actually pretty good books and they're quick reads). After I have these books in my hand, I realize that that's too short of a Barnes & Noble trip to fulfill my quota. So, I decide to do a little more browsing, and I stumble across the "Former Bestseller" table. I found a book called The Lovely Bones. The only reason I picked it up is because it had a very bright, pretty blue color cover. I skim over the summary and it seems to be about a girl who has passed away and the story is about how the lives of the people who knew her have changed since her death. I have to say that even though it sounds a little morbid (my mom picked up on that too when she read the summary and was surprised I had bought the book in the first place), I was very intrigued. I always end up reading fiction books with a plot that is very predictable, so I figured I would branch out a little. I'll let you know how it turns out...

I think I'll go read about some pants that travel. Nighty night!

-Ashley

No comments: