So, now that I've graduated from A&M, I've officially really begun my job search. Since I did my student teaching in Cy-Fair, I obviously applied there. Also, I live in the district, so it's really convenient. The only bad thing is they're in a hiring freeze right now, so for people like me who are first-year teachers, we're kind of out of luck for now and we're playing the waiting game.
Because of that, I didn't want to wait around on Cy-Fair to [maybe] get around to me to have an interview. I've already had my general interview with the district to be cleared so that principals can start interviewing me. I even had an interview scheduled with the middle school that I went to when I first moved to Texas. However, the day before the interview the principal's secretary called and cancelled it. I later found out from my mom that the reason it had to be cancelled was because of the hiring freeze and the budget cuts that are being made. So, what I'm trying to get at (I seem to be very long-winded tonight... sorry!) is that I applied to Katy ISD and I'm almost finished with my application for Klein ISD as well.
So this is all leading into something, I promise. Mrs. Strickland, one of the owners of the tutoring company I'm working for this summer, is a math teacher at a middle school in Katy, and she emailed me the other day asking if I wanted her to give my resume to her principal because they have a math position opening. At first I was a little skeptical because she said in the email that the school is a little "challenging" and I really wasn't sure what she meant by that. But after doing a little research on the school, it didn't seem- statistically- that bad.
Today, I got a call from the principal at the school and he was very interested in interviewing me for that position. So to make a long story longer (again, my apologies) I have an interview tomorrow morning. I'm very nervous because this is my first ever interview for a teaching position, but then I'm also excited to see what it's like out there in the real world work force. So, your prayers are always welcome!
Ok, I guess I better go paint my toes so these people don't think I can't give myself a decent pedicure. I'll let you know how it goes!
-Ashley


1 comment:
Oooohhh!!! EXCITING! I'll be praying for you! :)
Post a Comment