
I was just reading my devotion for today about thriving where God has placed you. This has been so true for my life because I've moved a lot. I've had to learn how to sort of restart my life every time I have moved. That is something that I would not trade for anything. I know that I'm the person I am today because of the places I've lived and the people there that I've met and formed relationships with.
But then I started thinking about something else. For the longest time I've wanted to kind of go out on my own and join a church where I felt "at home." My parents have done a great job thus far at raising me to be a strong Christian woman, but I think that now I'm at the age to make my own decisions about the church community that I should be a part of. I don't necessarily feel connected to the Catholic church in an emotional or spiritual way. That's just where my parents go to church, and since I've grown up Catholic and I now still live with them, that's where I go to church.
So, I'm a little confused about what I should do. If we're meant to bloom where we're planted, does that mean that I've been going to this church for almost 10 years for a reason, and I should just try to thrive there? Or should I get up the nerve and "transplant" myself in a community that I feel more connected and where I can form more accountable relationships with people my age, or even people not my age?
Please pray that God will help me sort this out, and that I will bloom where I'm supposed to be planted.
On a completely different subject, I'm about to run a recovery program on my computer that's going to make my computer like the day I bought it... none of my pictures, music, or documents. One of my dad's friends came over and looked at my computer yesterday to try to figure out why my wireless card isn't working. He suggested that before I send it back to HP that I run recovery on it. I'm always very nervous about doing stuff like that just in case I've forgotten to save something and it'll be erased forever.
But other than music and pictures and documents like my resume, I can't think of anything else that I need to save. Actually, other than those things, I don't think there's anything else on my computer to save. So, after I post this, I'll probably go ahead and do that. Wish me luck!
Yesterday evening my mom and I washed her car, my car, and my dad's car. We did all three in about an hour. We are car wash powerhouses! I love having a clean car. It makes it more fun to drive. I'm actually supposed to take my car in to the place that my parents bought it from so that they can do some touch up painting and make it look even more new (to me)! So that's pretty exciting.
Well, I think I'm going to go get dressed now. I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing today, so I'd better go figure that out.
-Ashley


No comments:
Post a Comment