Ok, so here's the low-down on the job stuff that I promised from my previous post.
I had my interview at Arnold this morning. I went into it with the notion that coming out of it I would know for certain whether or not I should be at Beckendorff. I've been praying all week that God would give me clarity about this decision.
The interview went ok. I didn't really feel comfortable during it, not like I did during my BDJH interview. So my answers weren't really on point with the way I wanted them to be. Even though I already had an offer from BDJH, I still wanted to do my best during this interview just in case. The position Arnold has available is a 7th/8th grade split math position. When they told me that, I knew immediately that that wasn't where I was supposed to be. As a first year teacher, teaching two different grade levels would be very difficult on top of everything else.
After I got home, I got a call on my cell phone from the principal at BDJH. He wasn't at my interview, come to find out, because he was in the hospital with pneumonia. He seemed so very nice and encouraging. He told me not to be worried about being a first year teacher and lesson plans and everything else because that is what my team's there for. He just made me feel so comfortable about the position, and he was really impressed with my resume, yada yada yada. I knew at that point that God has me at this school for a reason and it's going to be a great experience for me. The phone call was so reassuring. (He even said that my classroom is ready for me whenever I want to start getting it together!)
So there you have it. I am now a Beckendorff Bear! Grrrrowllll! :) I am so excited. Even though it'll be a bit of a drive, I think that's a small price to pay for being at a reputable school for your first year of teaching. I'll post pictures of my classroom when I get it all set up, but that won't be for a while.
I need to start planning everything, and I should probably go to the teacher supply store to get bulletin board stuff. That reminds me of that quote from You've Got Mail: "... bouquets of sharpened pencils..." I used to love school supply shopping, so I guess now I'll love teacher supply shopping.
That's all I have for now. Love!
-Ashley
4 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment