Katie posted this questionnaire thing and tagged me to do it too. I have news on the job front, but I'll do a separate post for that after I finish this.
Here we go...
Here are the rules:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
What were you doing 5 years ago?
Let's see. Five years ago was the summer between my junior and senior year of high school. That summer I had just started a job as a receptionist at an insurance agency. I babysat for the man who owned it, and one time after I had babysat for their son, he asked me if I wanted to be a receptionist for him. I was so excited because, at the time, I was a cashier at Randall's (a grocery store) and I was about sick of it. God was so good because I worked at The Freeman Agency for about 2 years and the people I worked with/for were amazing people. That was probably my favorite job up to this point. Other than that, I was probably hanging out with my friends a lot, getting ready for senior year. I had just "broken up" with my first "boyfriend" around this time 5 years ago. That's a long story in itself. He's married now, and he and his wife are so adorable together!
What are 5 things on your to-do list today (not in any particular order)?
It's still morning, so I haven't done a lot:
1. Interview at Arnold Middle School (I just got back from this... more on that in another post).
2. I really need to clean my room. My bed is made but I have a lot of things scattered around because I was doing a "craft" project... I turned a bulletin board into a monthly calendar. It's so much fun. Actually, I think cleaning my room will always be something on my to-do list because I can always find something in my room to clean or organize.
3. My dad asked me to spray paint 15 shovels for him for a ground breaking he's having for work.
4. I'm going to go to PetCo to find some sort of water bowl contraption because my little "angel" Amber keeps dumping the water bowls over (I think she thinks it's fun), but then all 5 dogs don't have any water. Yesterday, I'm confident that I refilled their water bowl 10 times.
5. I would like to drive out to show my mom my new school! (Again, read my next post.)
What are 5 snacks you enjoy?
1. Hard-boiled egg whites
2. Chocolate chip cookies
3. Kettle corn
4. Since it's summertime... WATERMELON! I like the ones with the seeds because, if I'm outside, I like to see how far I can spit them! Haha, yes I know I'm weird.
5. Flip Sides- they're these new crackers that are a cracker on one side and a pretzel on the other. Tasty!
What 5 things would you do if you were a billionnaire?
1. First, I would probably buy myself a house. Completely pay it off. Then, I would probably want to buy furniture to go in my house.
2. I would donate money to a few charities: The American Cancer Society (my grandmother died of colon cancer after finding out she had it two weeks before), St. Jude's Children Research Hospital, and The American Heart Association (Heart problems run in my family).
3. I have ALWAYS wanted to travel, especially to England. So, I would probably have to plan a trip there for me, my tour guide Katie (I hope you're up for it!), friends and family. And why stop there? Since I'd already be in Europe, why not make a trek out of it? France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, and Austria. Bring it on!
4. I might have to steal Katie's idea on this one. I would love to help sponsor mission work abroad.
5. I would probably save a lot of it. I'm a big time saver. I really do hate spending money, so I would probably save most of it for the future... get a head start on a college fund for my children.
What are 5 of your bad habits?
1. I'm a nail-biter. I've let my nails grow out several times, but if one breaks, I bite the rest off. It's horrible and I wish I didn't do it.
2. I pop my knuckles... all of them. Fingers and toes. Blah.
3. My parents say I mumble when I talk. I wish I could speak with a little more eloquence.
4. I fall asleep in the bath tub. I get so relaxed when I take baths, so I just fall asleep.
5. I procrastinate like nobody's business. I hate that I procrastinate (and unintentially rhyme). I would probably get so much done if I didn't. I think that's something that I'm going to work on this summer.
What are 5 places you have lived?
1. Essington, Pa- I was born here. My parents and I lived in a one bedroom apartment. My play pen was set up in the kitchen, that's how small it was.
2. York, Pa- We lived with my grandparents for a few months while my parents got things ready for us to move.
3. Atco, NJ- I lived here until I was 5. My dad's an engineer, so he gets transferred a lot.
4. Baton Rouge, La- I lived here until I was almost 12. We left while I was in the 6th grade.
5. Las Vegas, NV- Oh yeah. This was an interesting home. We lived here while I finished 6th and 7th grade... about a year and a half.
6. Cypress, TX- My home for 9 years now (with a little detour to College Station for college). This is, I have to say, my favorite place that I've ever lived. I honestly can't imagine leaving Texas.
What are 5 jobs you've had?
1. Cashier at Randall's
2. Receptionist at The Freeman Agency
3. Tea kettle intern at Chantal Cookware Corp.
4. Reading Room student at Cushing Memorial Library (on TAMU campus)
5. 7th grade math teacher at Beckendorff Junior High School (I know!! :) )
What are 5 people you want to tag?
The only person that I know who reads my blog is Katie, and she was the one who tagged me to do this questionnaire. If you read my blog, I'd love to know who you are! So, leave me a comment, and I'll tag you. :)
Ok, I think I'm going to take a blog break, and then I'll post about my job. Later gators!
-Ashley
4 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment