Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Little Bit of Everything


I have to say, I am quite pleased with myself and my ability to keep up with my blog so well. I guess I'm trying to get as much in as I can before I start teaching because I probably won't have that much time on my hands then. So, enjoy this while you can!

My herb garden is doing quite nicely. The basil is dominating the parsley and chives, but everything has sprouted. I get so excited when I see plants grow from scratch, especially when I'm the gardener. I'm proud that my thumb is a slight shade of green.

My friend's (Teresa) husband, who's in the Army, deployed to Iraq on Saturday. Teresa is doing well considering the circumstances. She is one of the strongest women I know. She and Craig (her husband) have been so completely optimistic about the situation ever since they found out he'd be going to Iraq. She tells us that she's fine with it because Craig is fine with it. What a strong marriage they have, and they've not been married for a year yet! I'm looking forward to sharing my life with a strong, God-fearing man and having a marriage that is totally Christ-centered like the Banners'. If you would, please be in prayer about Craig's safety, for Teresa, and for both of their families during these next 15 months.

For some reason, I'm not tired yet but I really should be getting to bed. Night!

-Ashley

No comments: