As promised, here are some pictures from the John Mayer concert that was... amazing!
This was pre-amazingness. We had really great lawn "seats" but that wait was almost unbearable because it was SO hot. But, of course, in the end it was totally worth it.
My favorite "bear" Teresa and me pre-concert.
The fianceed couple at their norm.
Colbie Caillat! She is so adorable and her band is pretty darn awesome!
Colbie and her "dread headed" ukelele-er.
I think she was playing one of her new "not-so-heard-of" songs, and it was really great!
IT'S JOHN MAYER (!!!)... in all his shirtless glory? I suppose he's not used to the Texas heat like we are. I actually thought it was pretty pleasant around this time since the sun had gone down. Haha.
One of my favorites. I had my mini-binoculars and I could take pictures with my camera through them and they came out pretty good.
He did a lot of improv-jam session stuff, and it was-what else?-AMAZING!
Not only did he play the guitar behind his head, but he played it one-handed, and then he laid it on the ground and completely rocked out. I'm pretty sure my jaw was on the grass.
Another one of my favorites.
He and Colbie played "pranks" on each other that night because it was their last night on tour together. So, during her set he totally snuck out (like, no one even saw him on the stage whatsoever) and started singing her song "Realized" with her. When I heard his voice I thought he was backstage or something, but there he was wearing a plain old white tee and some regular-looking shorts. Then they "dueted" "Your Body is a Wonderland". Sweet!
I hope you're not tired of seeing these pictures. Almost finished...
This was right before he sang "Gravity"- my absolute favorite song of his. I was actually really surprised he sang it because it's not like one of his most popular songs, so as soon as I heard the guitar intro I totally screamed... like a little school girl. Yes, that's right, I admit it. I have a huge school girl crush on John Mayer. Sue me.
So, there's my pictorial of the John Mayer concert. I hope you felt like you were there with us, although, it was a sold out crowd so there really wasn't much room to groove. But it was totally fine with me!
Now I really must go continue studying for the GRE. Only a few more days until it's all over with!
-Ashley


No comments:
Post a Comment