Exactly one week from now, I will officially be a math teacher. How crazy is that?
For the past two weeks, I've been in different sorts of workshops and inservices and meetings. Today we had "Bear Olympics" at the school. It was basically a bunch of team building challenges that were at some points very frustrating, but still fun. We also got the afternoon to work in our rooms. My room has been a disaster for about a month because teachers keep bringing me all these resources (that I'll never get a chance to look at) and setting them all over my student desks. But I'm pretty much finished with hanging things on the wall.
Tomorrow I need to rearrange my desks because I didn't take into account that we're getting Smart Boards and I have nowhere to put the cart that holds the laptop and projector. So that should be an interesting challenge.
Speaking of interesting, during lunch today a car caught fire in the school parking lot! One of the parents of a student stopped by the school because her car was smoking and she thought that a parking lot would be a lot safer than at her house (which is true). Well, while she was inside calling around to get ahold of whoever could help her, her car burst into flames! And from what I heard, it wasn't just little baby flames; it was like someone lit a can of hairspray on fire. So, the principal called the fire department and they came just in time. The fire was traveling very fast and was causing the tires to explode, so it was a good thing that it didn't get as far as the gas tank. I saw the car after the firefighters had put the fire out, and it was completely torched. Thank goodness no one was hurt.
Well, I think I'll go get ready for bed and finish some laundry. I'll post some pictures of my classroom when I get it finished. I think it looks cute so far! :)
Night!
-Ashley
4 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment