Smart Board and my area.
My room is still a mess from unpacking (hence the boxes and schtuff everywhere), but I've got everything pretty much done. Student computer and student work board- it says "Check us out!" I think that sounds like something I would say...
Counter... with loads of junk still on it. But don't you love those colorful crates?? To the right is the make-up work folders.

Make-up work folders, "Bear news"- the border is made out of newspaper, and trays to turn work in. It took me so long to move that table here because I had to take the student computer off of it.
Back of the classroom is where the door is this year... that way the kids won't be distracted by people in the hallway. See, I'm learning. :o)
This is the chalkboard that I covered with butcher paper. So now I'm using it for its magnetic purposes to hold the calendar.
Decided to use the white board for objectives and homework assignments since I have the Smart Board.
My desk area. Not too much changed- I bought that shelf so I won't have stuff stacked on the ground next to my desk. Also, I moved the computer to the other side of that table so my back won't be facing the students. Who knows what they got away with last year! ;o)
I'm starting to get excited about this school year. It's going to be completely different from last year- I'm teaching one prep rather than two (just 7th PreAP); I'm teaching with someone new; there are new people in my hallway (no more TX history people); new teachers in general. I've got my district staff developments tomorrow and Friday. I'm actually presenting one of the sessions- it's going to be all about my group's experience at the Rice University Summer Mathematics Project (RUSMP). Hopefully it goes well and the teachers get something out of it!


1 comment:
Looks so cute and cheerful! Did you move rooms or just rearrange? I was looking for the sign I made you but didn't see it :o( haha. The Young of the Restless is on and it made me think of you...hope you're having a great day!
Post a Comment