Saturday, August 8, 2009

Artistic Adventures

Since I only have a few days left of the summer, I've been trying to do things that I wouldn't normally do during the school year. Yesterday's activity? Canvas painting. I have had 2 canvases stored away for probably about 3 years. I bought them when they were on sale one time at Hobby Lobby, and I've always been hesitant to commit to painting them. That sounds strange, doesn't it. I guess I could never pinpoint anything that I wanted to paint. Finally, yesterday with the help of Sammi, I decided to take the plunge and paint them. (Wow, I'm really spontaneous, aren't I??)

This is what we came up with:

Sammi painted this one. We were inspired by another painting we found on Google. Very original, I know.


Our other friend, Megan, inspired this one. Roughly tranlated: Your Grace is Enough in French.
I have to say, we had so much fun doing this. I want to go buy more canvases and start getting the creative juices flowing again!