Friday, September 19, 2008

I Can't Believe I'm Telling You This


Well, today was the last day of "hurricane vacation." I spent the day... in my pajamas. It was just grand! I watched several episodes of Veronica Mars Season 1 and played cards with Sammi. It's been kind of a surreal week. We just started school and then we got a week off. I feel like when we go back to school on Monday, it'll be the first day of school all over again. But I miss my students, so I'm excited to see them and (briefly) exchange Hurricane Ike stories.

Tonight, we're having a little get together at our apartment. Catherine and Josh are coming over and we're going to do a little wine tasting, chocolate chip cookie eating, and Apples to Apples playing. It should be really fun. We haven't seen them in about a month!

I can't remember if I've mentioned it, but I carpool to work with my co-teacher who lives about 3 minutes away from me. It's been such a blessing to have someone to share the drive with. In fact, the other night I went over to Carina's (my carpool buddy) house to hang out with her and her husband, Andy, and 2 of her other friends. We had so much fun. We played Pictionary, boys vs. girls, and the girls prevailed 2 out of the 2 games that we played. That's 100%. It was crazy! Tomorrow, Sammi and James are coming with me over to Carina's house because she's having another little get together. Her house is so cute. She sells Southern Living, so every room in the house looks like a room you'd see in the Southern Living magazine. I think I might duplicate all of her ideas when I get my own house. I hope she doesn't mind...

Okay, so now it's time for Ashley's embarrassing story of the week (I should really think about actually writing a blog about my embarrassing story every week because we all know that I have plenty of those moments every day):

So, Sammi and I went to the mall the other day specifically to go to New York & Company to spend the City Cash we earned by buying stuff a while ago. I had $45 of City Cash so I was grabbing anything and everything to take back to the dressing room with me to try on. As I'm trying on each thing (I only grabbed shirts because that's what I need mostly), I'm making mental notes about the shirt: whether or not I liked it, if I needed to go back out and get a different size or color, etc. After I tried on each shirt, I would go out of my dressing room to look in the big mirror in the "dressing room hallway." Okay, so after I finished trying on all the things I had brought back with me (I was still wearing the last shirt I had tried on) I was trying to recall all of the mental notes I had made. I still had my dressing room door open when I decided I needed to change back into my shirt to go get all the other sizes I needed. Did you catch that? THE DOOR WAS STILL OPEN WHEN I DECIDED TO CHANGE BACK INTO MY SHIRT!!! In my defense (sort of), my mind was reeling with all of my mental notes that I just... lost my mind. Thank GOODNESS Sammi was the person who walked by my dressing room as I was standing there in my bra. Yes, I really was standing there in my bra. She gave me the most CONFUSED look ever, and I think I gave her the most CONFUSED look back. I couldn't understand why she was watching me until, "Wait. What the heck am I doing???" "I was just about to ask you the same thing!" We laugh about it now. Actually, we cracked up then too. Apparently, I really feel myself in the New York & Company dressing room. Good thing, because I bought just about every shirt that I tried on!

***I hope no one random reads my blog. If you're reading my blog for the first time, I apologize that you had to get to know me and my blog in THAT way. I promise, the next time I post, it will be about something (relatively) normal.***

On that note, I need to go clean up before our company gets here!

-Ashley

1 comment:

Hailey said...

Haha so I am reading this at work (don't tell anyone!) and I happen to be sitting at the receptionist's desk today and right as someone walked in my eyes got wide and I started laughing... So I guess your embarassing moment caused me to have one of my own (though you definitely win!). I think she thought I was laughing at her. Oh well.

I had a dream about you last night! My mom's friend had a hurricane basement shelter thing and all of these random people were there, including the Jonas Brothers, and it connected to an underground tunnel to a mall. You were there (and all of my kids from student teaching) and I had ranked this workout thing (no idea) and you were #1 in the workout contest...so random, I know. Have a great rest of your week!