Friday, June 22, 2007

And Then the Lightening Struck.

I have been Internet deprived for about 3 days now. And this is because my house/yard/something in the vicinity of my homestead was hit by lightening. WHAT?!?! Yes, you heard correctly. We didn't loose electricity per se, but it hit something that fried a lot of our electronics. And by electronics, I mean: 2 phones, 2 TVs, the cable, a modem, my computer's network adapter, our alarm system, the air conditioning, and a couple of outlet plugs. It has been one crazy few days with a lot of phone calls to the DSL tech support. They pretty much know me by name now, and I pretty much know exactly what the automated lady is going to say before she says it. But God is good, and almost everything is fixed now! I'm actually sitting here waiting for the cable guy and the alarm guy.

In other news, I finally broke down and bought a new digital camera. It's an Olympus (like Olympus Fashion Week!!) and it has a really big screen (ohh yess) and it's super slim. My old one started to sound like it had crumbs or something in it, and I pretty much needed a microscope to see the screen. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but I'm glad I finally got over my cheapness and justified this $200 purchase. My mom's already claimed dibs on my old camera, and it's so cute to see her so excited about it.

I just opened my email, and I have 15 unread emails. That makes me feel important.

So, I was talking to my mom yesterday about what I wanted to do next summer already. (Can't I just get through this summer first?? Haha) My idea would be to pretty much do absolutely nothing. I would really like to have a semi-stress-free break before I go out into the "real world." I would love to actually GO somewhere new (and my immediate idea is of course England or anywhere in Europe for that matter). Also, I'd like to spend a lot of time with friends because, let's face it, when people start jobs, life gets a little hectic, so I'd like to make the most of still being a "kid." And then also I'd like to spend next summer really doing something for me. My mom noticed that I always seem to be doing things that aren't really for ME. Like summer school... if it were up to me, I wouldn't be doing it! Haha. And working... granted the money is for me, but the stress of it definitely is not. So I was thinking that it would be kind of neat to take a class at the community college here that is actually something that interests me, even if it's a cooking class! Also, I think I'd like to join a Bible study at a church that I might be interested in attending after I'm out of the grips of my parents. I really want to branch out and meet new people that are from Cypress. I feel like I don't know anyone here anymore, and that's kind of sad. But that's my rough plan so far. Let's hope Daddy goes for it! :)

Well, this is kind of getting long, and I commend anyone who got through it all. I must go clean now.

Toodles!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I got through it all! I loved it!