Thursday, June 28, 2007

I've Become Immune to the Beeping.

So, I decided that I need to make a bit of an adjustment in my Summer 2008 (whoop, anyone?) plans. I want to go on a missions trip. I haven't been on one in a while, and I think it's time to get back into service. I'm hoping this is something the Lord has planned for me, and I'm already excited just thinking about doing His work!

My parents are coming back to town tonight... well, hopefully. My mom just called me a bit ago telling me that the plane she's on (she's coming home from Atlanta, and my dad from California) was just sitting on the tarmac because of the bad weather or something. Then while they were just sitting, the plane started experiencing mechanical problems, so they had to find an open gate to take the plane back to. I guess now they're just waiting to see how long it will take to fix. I hope she's able to get home tonight. She and my dad arranged it so that their flights would arrive in Houston around the same time so that they could ride home together. Well, at the moment, my dad will be waiting at the airport here for quite a while. He's about an hour away from landing and my mom hasn't departed yet! Eek!

We had another thunderstorm here this afternoon (surprise, surprise) and it knocked out the electricity (my poor house). So now the alarm is beeping every five seconds (no exaggeration) because it's still broken from when the lightening struck. The alarm guy came to fix it, but it looks like we're going to need an entirely new system (again I say surprise, surprise).

In other news, I'm officially classifying myself as The White House Computer Technician because along with being "buddy-buddy" with the DSL people, me and Linksys are like "this" now. Two of the ports in our wireless router were also fried from that fateful bolt of lightening (which we are yet to discover where in our yard it hit).

I went to the gym today and while I was on the elliptical machine, my iPod feel out of the "iPod holder" thing that is attached to the machine. I felt really dumb getting off the elliptical after going really fast to pick up my iPod. The earphones had unplugged themselves and only one was still left in my ear. So you can just picture the doofus moment I had.

My mom just called, and the airplane people have sent her to a different gate/plane but they're not letting them board it yet. Hopefully they will soon, though!

Well, I think it's scrub-a-dub-dub time! :)

-A

No comments: