Wow, I am such a slacker! This is my first June post, so I guess I need to make it a good one.
A lot's happened in the past couple of weeks. I started summer school, I got a job, and I've been just as busy as I was during the spring semester (which I was trying to get away from, but I'll probably never be able to!!). However, I'd rather be a busy little bee with friends around me in College Station than one who hangs out with her parents ALL THE TIME! Haha, no I am really enjoying my time at home.
So, I'm officially a waitress now at On the Border. It's great. All the people I work with are really nice, and they help me out a bunch when I don't know what to do. And the money is GREAT! I think I made $500 just in tips my first week! And this past Tuesday night (and Tuesdays are supposed to be pretty slow), I made $93! I'm off today, but I'm working the lunch shift tomorrow and Sunday, and the dinner shift on Saturday. That's the best shift to work because everybody and their DOG goes to dinner on Saturday night... so yay for tips!
My biology class is pretty... boring. Somehow I'm always "lucky" enough to get foreign instructors. This one's from Jordan. Everyday she wears some very "interesting" outfits. And I'll just leave it at that.
I really miss everybody in College Station. No one's really here in Cypress to hang out with, and since I'm mostly free during the days, everybody's working or at school! So, in that sense I'm really looking forward to getting back to good ol' Aggieland! I'm really excited about who I'm living with. It'll be a new and fun experience. I also miss the accountability that I have up there. When I'm at home, I don't really have anyone to talk to about "stuff." I mean, I talk to my mom about some things, but other things are meant for people my age. I just feel like I get in a rut when I'm here for an extended period of time without any real contact with good friends. Plus, my parents make me go to our church here which is a Catholic church, and even though all of our friends there are wonderful people, I just feel like I'm missing something. But since my dad is HARDCORE Catholic, it's hard for me to say anything about wanting to try a different church. I don't think he'd ever consider switching, but my mom might. Every Mass I've been to since I've been home, our priest has talked about the "Catholic way of life." So during church I pretty much tune it out, and I start to feel bad about doing that. So, I'm pretty much conflicted right now.
In other news, I joined the gym by my house for the summer, and I've lost 5 pounds! Get excited. I had a "fitness orientation" with one of the personal trainers there, and she took all my measurements and that kind of stuff, and she said I could stand to lose 18 pounds! What happened to me?!? I used to be so skinny! Ok, well maybe not SO skinny, but fit! So maybe the next time whoever is reading this sees me, I will be skinny! :)
Well, on that note... IT'S LUNCH TIME! HA.
-A
4 years ago


1 comment:
hearing you talk about money makes me feel awful... i need a job!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhh money!!!!!!!!
haha.
anyways, i am glad to hear that you are doing ok at home. you will come back all rich and i might be living in a cardboard box. well, maybe not since i have a duplex. i might be sleeping in a cardboard box though!
i want to see your teacher.
good job about the losing weight! i still don't think you need to lose weight though. i bet i won't recognize you when you come back... supermodel ;)
my family surprised me today and showed up at my door - i was taking a nap so i was so confused. i kept thinking they had just flewn in (how do you spell that?) from england... i was a little delirious i think!
ok time for bed!
Post a Comment