How random is it that the power in my living room is out, but everywhere else, it's not? I'm thoroughly baffled. I think there's a short somewhere because a lot of times our electrical outlets don't work. So, I'm semi sitting in the dark right now, praying that my computer battery doesn't give out; although, I could be un-lazy and go plug it in to charge in my room. But, alas, I am pro-lazy for the time being. What would people do without electricity for an extended period of time? I, for one, would probably become a hobo. I don't know, that just sounded appropriate. I think the fact that I'm the only one at my apartment right now is starting to go to my head a little.
So, next weekend the roomies and a couple of our friends and I are taking a road trip to San Antonio! I'm so excited because I've never been on a REAL road trip. We're all making CDs with our favorite jam songs on them to listen to while we travel. Right now, I'm trying to find a hotel for us that's close to the Riverwalk. My dad travels a lot and, therefore, stays at a lot of hotels, so he's like a platinum member at La Quinta. He gave me his rewards account number to see if they would give us a discount. I sure hope they do because the one we're looking at staying at is like $120 a night! But, I guess divided among 5 girls wouldn't be too bad. But I think it will be a lot of fun no matter what happens... we're just crazy like that!
I may or may not be going to the soccer game tonight. My roommate, Catherine, is a drummer in Percussion Studio, and they have a gig there tonight. But she doesn't know whether they're playing before the game as people arrive or at halftime. If they play at halftime I might go, but I just don't want to sit by myself. So hopefully she'll be able to sit with me. I've never been to a soccer game here before, and apparently we're really good. So, we shall see.
I think I might go read a book. Since I don't have a TV to keep me occupied (that sounded like the epitome of American life... good grief), it seems like the next best thing to do. And since I don't really want to do any homework right now, I'll just go cozy up with a good book! Adios, amigos!
-Ashley
4 years ago


1 comment:
YES. Let's go see Dan in Real Life. We need to go on a date, desperately. We'll work it out, some time. And U-Paint-It, definitely!!!!! I am so sad this semester has gone by so fast. :(
I LOVE YOU!!!!!
Post a Comment