
Who could feel the autumn breeze in the air today? I did! I did! Ahh, it was so refreshing! At noon when my class went out to recess, I was shocked that I didn't immediately break a sweat. In fact, I didn't sweat at all! I love the fall and the winter. It's such a relief when it finally arrives here in Texas because our summers are so brutal. So, I was very excited today. I would even go so far to say that it actually made my day.
Today in my classroom I got to teach for the first time! I was really nervous at first because I didn't want to explain something wrong or in a way that my teacher wouldn't explain it. But it turned out alright because Miss Turner (my mentor) taught the first block while I observed. So, I just kind of mimicked what she did to an extent. It was really fun to see my kids understanding and participating in the lesson. It made me feel good to see that they were having fun too! I tried to be kind of funny and not so monotonous so I would feel more comfortable and so would they.
I'm excited about having my own classroom, though. I want to be able to do things my way without feeling like I'm doing something wrong. We shall see...
I really wish I had more to write about, but my brain is just not here right now. Maybe I'll come up with something profound to write about soon. I promise I won't go as long without posting as last time!
-Ashley


1 comment:
Yeah... a once-a-week office party doesn't do it for me.
from now until next wednesday night will be AWFUL for me, but how about we plan for something soon? i'm sorry it's been so crappy. i wish my nights were more free....!!!!!!!! good grief.
p.s. i, too, got excited about the weather! i wanted to take a nap outside!!! it was gorgeous. i can't wait to wear a sweater. :)
Post a Comment