Tuesday, October 23, 2007

What warm clothes?

Can I just say how much joy weather brings me? It sounds kind of ridiculous that something like temperature makes me joyful, but weather is a gift from God, therefore I think I'm allowed to have some joy in that. Today was the most gorgeous day of the semester so far. I love when the Lord blesses us with amazing weather (especially the kind with a cooler temperature).

When I got home from school today, my roommates had our patio door open and the cool, crisp, autumnal air just whirred into our apartment. I could even smell the smell of October in my living room. It was so glorious! I just love this time of year... if I haven't already mentioned it!

I can't believe that there's just a little more than a month left in this semester for me. I'm not sure I'm ready for the real world just yet! I don't feel mature enough. I still don't know how to do my own taxes, I know nothing about interviewing for a REAL job, and I don't know the first thing about up keeping a house. Granted, I'm not moving out into my own place for a while, but I do know my mom's making me take care my area like "it's my own place." That sounds like a blast and a half!

I have an adopted family through my church now! They are so much fun, and it's unbelievable how much my "mom" and I have in common! They have three kids: Connor, 6, Claire, 2, and Caroline, 1. They are so cute! Connor and Claire have that orangey red hair... ADORABLE! Anyway, I get to have dinner with them on Thursday. They pretty much feed me a home-cooked meal once a week and let me sit with them at church on Sundays instead of me sitting by myself. I'm just sad that my church didn't start this program when I first came to college because now I'm leaving in December, and that's barely enough time to get to know them. But I'm just glad I get to know them at all. I'm sure we'll keep in touch after I've moved home because they are super duper nice!

Alright, I guess I should go make my lunch for school tomorrow. I try to save as much time as I can so I can sleep in slightly in the mornings. Nighty night!

-Ashley

1 comment:

Katie said...

I LOVE THIS WEATHER TOO!!! That is so cool that you have that adopted family. I did that... sophomore year I think?? It was fun, but my "Mom" and "Dad" weren't much older than me. It was kinda weird haha. I liked it, though!

SEE YOU TONIGHT (hopefully)!!!!!