Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Episode II: Revenge of the Summer

So, I thought that other post was "too long," but when I saw it on my actual blog, it really wasn't. But that's OK. Now, you're getting two for the price of one! Oh, I know you're very excited!

I decided to make a list of the things I learned from being a waitress. So, here it goes:
  1. Get Dr. Scholl's foot inserts for your shoes no matter how "comfortable" they seem at first. Spending eight hours walking around like a mad woman will give you some intense blisters.

  2. The customer is always right even if they're completely wrong.
  3. Tex-Mex food is overrated. Taco Bell is right next door... yummy!

  4. Smelling like fajitas all the time is not attractive.

  5. Carpal Tunnels is a minor side affect of carrying all those thick ceramic plates on trays.

  6. People will do just about anything to get a free bowl of queso.

  7. Making table-side guacamole is not as glamorous and "five-star" as it seems, so give your server a break... don't order it!

  8. You will definitely hear some conversations that you could have lived the rest of your life without knowing the gory details.

  9. People who were born in 1984 get offended when you card them. Yeah, I know.

  10. I was going to try to round out this list with a #10, but I can't really think of anything else sarcastic to say. Haha.

All in all, being a waitress was a good experience. At least now when I go to a restaurant, I'll know exactly what my server's thinking.

Ok, so yet again, I've started this post and it's now Thursday, and I'm just now finishing it... on my NEW LAPTOP!! I was going to get a Gateway one, but it wasn't really on sale, and may or may not have gone on sale on Saturday. So then my parents and I went to Sam's and looked at their laptops, and they had a Compaq one with the exact same specifications for the price we were thinking of paying. We ended up going to Wal-Mart to actually get it (because it was $30 cheaper) and here we are! Now, I'm just trying to figure everything out. That's one bad thing about getting a brand new computer- you have to start ALL over with files and pictures and Office and virus protection. I ordered the virus protection from A&M, and it was free and they just emailed it to you. So I hope that works! I still want to delete all those programs new computers come with that you never use. That'll probably help mine start up faster.

It's 7:15 in the morning. I should be studying for my biology final, but instead I'm distracted by my new toy! Who wouldn't be? But I guess I really should be studying...

Until next time...

-A

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hahahaha you are absolutely hilarious! I miss the heck out of you!!! I'm glad you have a new toy... I agree, though. They are frustrating to set up and get going. I ordered the Microsoft Office 2007 but now I can't find the CD anywhere. It is so annoying! Maybe I'll have to go back to using 2003... :-/

Ok, it's off to the mall I go. Whoop!