Friday, July 11, 2008

Family Dinners



I miss family dinners. What happened to the times where you turn the TV off, sit down at the kitchen table and enjoy a meal with your family?


I'm sure there are families out there who still do this (maybe even yours) but my family rarely does. We usually sit at the bar with the TV on (and it's usually ESPN because that's what my dad wants to watch) and hardly have a conversation. It kind of makes me sad because it's pretty much the one time during the day when we can all come together as a family and be in the same room.

Unfortunately, I'm moving out in a week... and my dad's going to Denver tomorrow and he'll be gone through Sunday. So, there's not that many chances left for us to a have a family dinner unless I come over to relive Mom's home cookin'.

Speaking of moving out, I can't believe I'm doing just that! Sammi and I have already started getting our room organized at the apartment (we're sharing a room... it's so much fun!). Yesterday, I went with Teresa and James (Sammi's fiance) to Gallery Furniture so Teresa could buy a couch for the living room. When we got there, we immediately saw Mattress Mack! I heard his voice and it sounded so familiar, so I turned around and there he was. He was on the telephone, though; otherwise, I would've totally asked if I could take a picture with him. Hey, a celebrity's a celebrity even if he's just a snappy "commercial" celebrity.

After doing some setting up at the apartment, my parents took me out to dinner to Sullivan's for my graduation dinner (speaking of family dinners). Yes, I know, it's a little late, but the day before graduation, my friend invited me to go to Boot Dance on graduation night, so we had to postpone. It was the most delicious meal I've had in a long, long time. We had yummy bread, seared ahi tuna, a wedge of iceberg lettuce with blue cheese dressing, filet minion, spinach with garlic, white cheddar au gratin potatoes, crab stuffed shrimp, and for dessert, black bottom peanut butter pie. Don't get scared, this is all the stuff we all had and we kind of shared. I didn't have all of that for myself! That would be scary. But it was all so good.

Well, I think I'm going to go pack up some more stuff to take to the apartment. Have a splendid day!

-Ashley

No comments: