Time sure has flown by.
I miss the days of being a carefree eight year-old. You have nothing in the world to worry about except making sure your Cabbage Patch Kid doll has on the right outfit to go out and play in.
I miss being able to wake up super early on Saturdays just so I could catch the Saturday morning cartoons.
I miss wearing sundresses and going outside to twirl and watch my skirt float up like a balloon.
I miss playing "house" and "teacher." (Although I am a teacher now, it won't exactly be playful.)
I miss playing dress-up. Oh how I miss it! I used to be the princess of dress-up. My grandmother would give me her old high heels that she didn't wear anymore. I would prance around the house in them, thinking I was a model.
I wish I could just briefly feel like a little girl again. The older I seem to get, the more I wish that I had savored my childhood. It's like it went by in a flash and I'm having trouble remembering it all.
Wouldn't that be neat to be a little girl again knowing what you do now?
Even if it were just for a day, I can't begin to tell you how much fun I would have.
Well, that was a random post. Off to read in bed!
-Ashley



1 comment:
I MISS YOU TOO!!!!!!! Oh so much.
And I miss being a little girl also. But guess what? Maybe one day we will both have little girls and be able to relive those carefree times with them.
I was the queen of dress up, too. That was my favorite thing! I would dress up with my sisters and we would put on plays for my parents (or anyone who would watch!).
Sigh. :)
Post a Comment