Sunday, May 13, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Well, junior year is officially over for me. I guess it's been over since Wednesday, but you get the idea. I'm home now but not even close to being unpacked. My mom came and helped me move out on Friday. I definitely thought it would only take us a couple of hours, but it definitely took a little longer. And then I didn't even realize that I left my car at Katie's apartment the night before (HAHA), so when my mom got to College Station, she took me to get it. I was looking outside to see where I could move my car so that it would be closer to pack stuff in, and then I was just like... "Hmm, wait a sec. Where IS my car???" Oh the fun.

Life at Melrose came to an "exciting" end. On Wednesday, my last day of finals and the beginning of my do-nothing-extravaganza, our upstairs neighbor decided to get blitzed (it's becoming my new favorite word, too!) and fell asleep in the bath tub with the water running and flooded his entire apartment and part of mine!! Luckily none of our personal belongings were damaged, especially since my dad had cancelled my renter's insurance THAT AFTERNOON. But, I always wanted to end a semester with a bang, so I guess I had it coming.

Tomorrow is go-to-the-dentist-find-a-job-get-a-USB-cord-for-my-new-printer-watch-Grey's-Anatomy Day. Whew. That sounds a bit busy.

Well, it's Mother's Day, and like the good daughter I am, I'm going to go hang out with my mom and watch Cold Mountain (because it's not a good day unless Jude Law makes an appearance ;) ).

Hasta!

-A

1 comment:

Katie said...

oh, ashley.

i didn't even realize that you left your car at my apartment!!! insane!!!! haha oh wow. i am home in little elm, although it doesn't feel like home. it's sooo boring here! i went and worked out today after church... that's been the highlight of my time here. oh and i went to the mall yesterday for like 30 minutes.

i'm excited about my birthday though (and getting my wisdom teeth out on thursday) OH AND THE OFFICE FINALE!!!!!!!!! hopefully i won't be in too much pain... that would suck.

i hope that cypress is fun! yay for mom time!!! :)