Thursday, July 12, 2007

1st Day, Take 2.

Biology II started today. That means I'm halfway through the summer. In a way it's gone by quite fast, but in other ways it's been dragging on like none other.

Hopefully my class will be much more interesting than first session's. Although, my teacher's outfits did keep us entertained.

The one difference with this class is that we actually have lab everyday. That's going to be rough. I'm not a big "laboratory" fan. I'd rather be lectured. Actually, I'd rather be dissecting something in lab if I'm going to have a lab at all. But, hence, we do not do such things in this lab. Today's lab consisted of measuring the height in meters at everyone at your table, recording their shoe size, eye color, hair color, and sex. Then we had to come up with a classification key via a "word web" type thing. It was kind of busy work in a sense, so my table sped through it as fast as we could and got out of lab an hour and a half early. Whoop!

On Tuesday I had to go to the dentist and get a filling replaced because part of it had chipped off. I, personally, don't enjoy going to the dentist (and this is probably because of the countless appliances, oral surgeries, and jaw problems I've had) so I do my utmost best to keep my teeth healthy so that I don't have to endure the pain of cavities and the like.

So, this was the first time since I got my wisdom teeth out that I had to get injections in my mouth. To me, that is the most horrible feeling and the most awkward feeling to have. I got so anxious when I knew the shot was about to happen that I started breathing uncontrollably hard. My dentist said, "Well, at least I know she's breathing because I can feel it all the way up my arm." (He said this, I think, because when I got my wisdom teeth out, the laughing gas made me so relaxed that my heart rate dropped to 32, and I actually stopped breathing for a bit. Oops!)

Now, my mouth's just sore from the shots. Blah.

Why do bangs seem to grow much faster than the rest of your hair? I just got a hair cut at the beginning of the summer, and my bangs are already down to my chin again.

I think reality TV is getting out of hand. I think there is now a show for every career out there. America's Next Top Model. Top Chef. Top Design. Project Runway. Food Network Star. America's Next Producer. Shear Genius. Did I miss any? Probably.

Well, I think I might go try for a nap!

Hasta.

-Ashley

1 comment:

Katie said...

seriously... reality tv shows are all that seem to entertain people. i'm wondering what they will put out next once people start getting bored from it!!!

i'm sorry about the mouth shots. i will be honest - i actually liked having the shots in my mouth. i don't think i'm very scared of needles. :-/