Monday, July 23, 2007

Strengthen Me

I just got finished with my first lab exam, so I have like an hour break before lecture starts. I'm sitting here in the library. It's kind of like A&M's SCC, but not as cool.

Looking in different microscopes for a long time gives me a headache and makes me dizzy. Ick!

Well, I put in my "2 weeks notice" last night at work. Technically, it's my "2 and a half weeks notice" because my last day's going to be August 10th. I've really enjoyed this job and it's been amazing experience, but I'm just exhausted. I came home the other day after work, and I was talking to my mom. I couldn't help but just sob because I didn't have the strength to do anything else. She actually wants me to quit earlier, but I always tend to push myself just a little more.

"What's three more days?"

I seem to be saying that to myself a lot. I'm (slowly) discovering how much of the strength that's inside of me is my own will power and how most of it is God power. That's the only thing that gets me through a lecture, a shift, a day.

"Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always." 1 Chronicles 16:11 & Psalm 105:4
"Will you rely on him for his great strength? Will you leave your heavy work to him?" Job 39:11
"The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace." Psalm 29:11
"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." Isaiah 40:29

I think that's my theme from my summer of 2007: STRENGTH. That has definitely been the main thing that I've had to call upon God to give me this summer (among other things, of course). His strength is boundless. That makes me warm and fuzzy on the inside. :)

[Random paragraph] The library that I'm at is also a public library. They have movies that you can check out for free! Guess what I'm about to do?? :)

I guess it's time that I headed back to my class.

Hasta pasta.

Ashley

1 comment:

Katie said...

I am constantly amazed at how God is teaching us different things this summer! Strength is a pretty big/difficult thing to learn, because you have to be shown how weak you are without Christ. I will be praying for you... I am so sorry to hear how exhausting work and school have been for you! When you get back here we will for sure have lots of hang out times to relax and have fun. I can't wait!!! Love you!