Thursday, July 19, 2007

Under my Umbrella

As I was driving to school today from my house, I could see in the distance massive dark clouds. I just kind of thought to myself, "Hmm, I sure hope that's not the direction I'm going." Is there any question as to what happened next? I kept driving and driving and every mile I drove it got darker and darker. Soon enough, it felt like 12 hours had past and it was time for bed. That's how dark it was. Then I really couldn't see anything because it was raining so hard. By the time I parked my car and started walked to my class, I was having A&M flashbacks. No matter how big your umbrella (-ella, -ella, eh, eh, eh! hahaha) it does no good. I, of course, decided to where jeans today because it's always cold in my class. Well, I was even colder today (on test day, nonetheless) because they were drenched from mid-thigh down. So that was my adventure for the day!

Tonight, my mom is hosting her bunko group at our house. I think it's really funny how meticulous she gets about the cleaning when her friends are coming over. Our house is already pretty immaculate, but my mom always finds something else to clean. I'm her little work horse today, and I'm pooped! All I've done is pick things up... no real cleaning! I don't know how she does it. It almost makes me sad that she gets stressed about how the house looks because she knows people will "talk." It's kind of like Desperate Housewives. Ahhh!!! :)

I know I say it a lot, but I can't believe how fast the summer is going and I'm so happy that it is! Summer was fun in high school when you didn't have to take class and all your friends were around to do stuff. Now, summer just prolongs the fun! All the fun goes down during school! Haha.

I started reading Left Behind again. I don't think I really ever finished it the first time I read it. I really love that book. I know that no one can really say exactly how the rapture is going to happen, but this book really puts things into perspective. The rapture could happen... right now. Every moment on this earth is truly a gift from God.

Well, I must go find something else to clean. I'm just glad these women aren't going to see my room!

-Ashley Elizabeth

2 comments:

Katie said...

I read this post at Coffee Station and was literally laughing out loud. I especially liked the part where you started singing "Umbrella" in the middle of the sentance!!!!! Hahaha... you crack me up. I miss you so much! I can't believe I have spent this whole summer without seeing you more than twice. We have some serious hanging out to do once you get back!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.